Eaten as a dessert or a breakfast, this crisp is loaded with delicious summertime flavour. It’s peach season in Ontario, so there’s no better time to add peaches to this crisp. However, any combination of fruits, depending on the season, would work just as well.
- 4 cups peaches, chopped
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch (a healthier version of cornstarch used for thickening – gluten free & vegan)
- 1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- zest of one lime
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats (I use ‘Only Oats’ brand, found at Bulk Barn)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup almond flour/meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- Grease a 9 x 13″ baking dish with coconut oil. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together fruits (peaches, mango, strawberries) with lime juice, zest, sugar and arrowroot starch. Pour into baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix together rolled oats, almonds, walnuts, coconut and almond flour. Pour in melted coconut oil and brown sugar (or maple syrup) and mix well.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over fruit in baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and slice a few slits in the foil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes until fruit is bubbly.
- Spoon into bowls or plates and top with coconut yogurt or ice cream.