I am loving my strawberry chia jam lately (click here for recipe)! It goes well with anything – oatmeal, toast, pancakes and now, muffins! This muffin recipe is moist, flavourful and most importantly, kid friendly. Let me know what you think!
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour (the most ‘wheat like’ of all gluten free flours)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch (creates a lighter product)
- 1/2 cup potato starch (also creates a lighter product)
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp xantham gum (helps to hold gluten free baked goods together)
- 1/2 tsp pectin (helps to add structure)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water – set aside for about 5 minutes to set)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup strawberry chia jam (or jam of choice) – click here for my recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine all flours (tapioca, sorghum, potato, almond meal), xantham gum, pectin, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, flax eggs, coconut oil, coconut yogurt, vanilla and sugars.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture until well combined. Fold the chopped strawberries into batter and mix well.
- Add a large scoop of batter into muffin cups and swirl a small amount of jam into centre of each muffin. Bake in oven for approximately 18 – 20 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into centre of muffin comes out with no batter).