Sick of baking banana bread or muffins with your old bananas? These adorable, bite-sized cookies are a great alternative and taste just as good! I love that these cookies are simple to make with not too many ingredients. Plus, you can eat all the cookie dough you want – no eggs in this recipe!!
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour (I use the Robin Hood brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of dark chocolate chips/chunks (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine and mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine coconut oil, bananas, almond milk, sugar and vanilla
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix well
- Add chocolate chips/chunks and mix well
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes
- Drop batter onto cookie sheet by the spoonful and bake for approximately 9 – 11 minutes (until slightly golden on top).
Note: these cookies will not spread so they will look similar baked vs. unbaked.