These cookies are chewy on the inside and a little crispy on the outide. You can also easily swap the chocolate chips for raisins or dried cranberries. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup teff flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 melted coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups pure rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (make sure they’re vegan)
- Make flax eggs. Mix flax seed with water and place in fridge for approximately 10 minutes to set.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix together sorghum flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, teff flour, baking soda, xantham gum and spices
- In a separate bowl mix melted coconut oil with sugar with an electric mixer. Add vanilla, then flax eggs. Add flour mixture then slowly add rolled oats. Add chocolate chips to mixture.
- Drop batter by spoonful onto prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Allow 5 minutes to cool on baking sheet before moving cookies onto a cooling rack. Once cookies are cool, immediately place in airtight container to keep them from drying out.