My gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe has now been altered slightly to create a delicious vegan version. I barely could tell the difference except for a slight coconut taste, which is a nice change! I hope you enjoy this recipe too.
- 2 tbsp ground flax-seed mixed with 6 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup teff flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups dark chocolate (just make sure there is no milk ingredients as sometimes whey or casein can sneak in)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, whisk together ground flax-seed with water. Place in fridge to set for approximately 15 minutes. The mixture will become thicker and is a great vegan replacement for eggs in baking.
- Mix together flours, xantham gum, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend melted coconut oil, brown sugar and white sugar. Add vanilla and flax seed mixture until smooth. Add in flour mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 8 – 9 minutes