My current obsession for breakfast is overnight oats. This cute, little jar of goodness is very easy to make, versatile and super filling. Simply add your desired ingredients with some gluten free rolled oats into a jar with a lid and leave in the fridge overnight. The next morning you will be pleasantly surprised that breakfast was so delicious and easy!
If you are a vegan, I find adding some plain coconut yogurt helps to improve the consistency as simply adding almond milk (or another alternative) can be somewhat watery. Here is my recipe for a coconut pineapple version:
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill brand)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (contains all 8 essential amino acids, high in iron, fibre and calcium)
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 cup raspberries + 2 tbsp almond milk (enough to blend the raspberries into a puree)
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Place rolled oats in a jar big enough to hold all of the ingredients and with a lid
- Using an electric mixer (I use a Magic Bullet, which is convenient), blend your almond milk, yogurt, pineapple, chia seeds and agave. Pour over oats, put on lid and shake to mix. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, blend raspberries and almond milk together to make a puree. Remove your overnight oats from fridge and pour puree on top. Garnish with shredded coconut and enjoy!