Autumn is upon us. The leaves are showing hints of vibrant oranges and deep reds, the days are getting shorter, mornings are crisp and the Fall harvest is bursting with delicious ingredients for a heart warming soup. This week, I was inspired by these ingredients and created a soup that has a hint of sweetness and lots of taste!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock (make sure it’s gluten free)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (adjust according to your taste)
- 1 tbsp honey (adjust according to your taste)
- pepper to taste
In a large pot, heat olive oil and saute onion, ginger, garlic and apple until onion & apple are soft
- Add chicken stock, squash and sweet potato and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until sweet potato and squash are soft
- Transfer soup to blender and blend until smooth. Return soup to pot and season with cinnamon, maple syrup and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.