Bulk Barn is probably one of my favourite stores for gluten free options. Every time I visit one of their locations, I am surprised at the amount of gluten free products they carry – from GF flours to baking mixes to GF pastas & snacks – this store is a great place to visit!
Although I do enjoy baking most of my gluten free baked goods from scratch, it makes life easier when you can turn to a gluten free mix that’s equally delicious from time to time. This gluten free banana bread mixture is available in the gluten free flour section of the store. The directions to make it are available with the mixture or you can just refer to this post. The recipe was easy to make and tasted delicious. I added chocolate chips to my recipe. The bread came out moist. Everyone who tried a piece said that it didn’t taste gluten free at all (which is a good thing!)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free banana bread blend
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- a large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan
- With a mixer, combine bananas, yogurt, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add banana bread mix
- Pour into pan and bake for approximately 40 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes in the pan. Turn onto a baking rack to cool
This bread keeps well for several days if wrapped or stored refrigerated in an airtight container.