The weather this week has been amazing – sunny, warm and perfect to start making some more summer-like dishes for dinner. Tilapia is very high in protein and very neutral in flavour. This makes tilapia a blank slate when you are looking to make a meal as you can get creative with ingredients. Fruity salsa, rich sauces, delicious side dishes are all great accompaniments to tilapia. Tilapia is also very easy to prepare – fried, steamed, baked or broiled are all options for this versatile fish.
Ingredients – serves 4
- 2 tsp oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, combine pineapple, 1 tsp oregano, mint, 2 tsp lime juice and cayenne. Set aside.
- Sprinkle tilapia with salt and oregano on both sides
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add fish and cook until done – about 3 minutes on each side
- Top tilapia with pineapple salsa and serve