This is a perfect soup for a cold night. My two-year old daughter loves this soup, which makes this an easy dinner option. The recipe serves approximately 8 – 10 people so if you make the full batch, you will have plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week.
- 3 cups broccoli
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes (approximately 4 average sized potatoes), peeled & chopped
- 2 tbsp margarine (or butter)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth (make sure it’s gluten free)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, saute onion and garlic in margarine until softened on medium heat
- Add broccoli, potatoes and chicken stock and cook for approximately 15 minutes until potatoes are tender
- In a food processor or blender, blend the soup until smooth
- Return to pot on medium heat and add shredded cheese. Mix well until cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm