These muffins are moist and very versatile – add blueberries, chocolate chips, raspberries or chopped walnuts to the batter for something different.
Ingredients (makes approx. 12 muffins):
- 1/4 cup teff flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 1/2 tsp xantham gum (helps muffin to hold together)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, combine teff flour, tapioca starch, sorghum flour, potato starch, xantham gum, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, combine bananas, olive oil, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in optional ingredients (i.e. blueberries, chocolate chips) with a spatula.
- Scoop one to two large spoonfuls of batter into muffin cups
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes. Let cool on wire rack and store in a large ziplock or airtight container. Freeze muffins and take out for snacks if desired.