One of my friends mentioned this store to be last week. Nut’n Gluten is a completely gluten free store located at 3120 Rutherford Road, Unit #17 (across from Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre). The store offers tonnes of gluten free options including breads, cookies, muffins, frozen foods, breakfast foods and much more. I was very eager to visit Nut’n Gluten and as I entered the store, my eyes widened in amazement at all of the gluten free options that lined the shelves. The store manager, Anthony, was very helpful and provided me with some insight into some of the most popular items. He also let Emily and I try one of the gluten free cookies, which was pretty good. I quickly filled up my basket and ended up leaving with a large amount of gluten free products, including:
- Roland Garden Vegetable Quinoa…..great side dish for any dinner
- Dendy & Co Polenta Crisps……great for dipping into hummus or baba ghanoush
- Kinnikinnick Graham Crackers……DELCICIOUS. Although the texture doesn’t really resemble graham crackers, the taste is quite similar. They remind me of graham cracker shortbread
- Udi’s Whole Grain Loaf …….recommended by Anthony, the store manager
- Bakery On Main Cranberry Maple Nut Granola Bars……..great snack for on the go – because you know that ‘gluten free’ and ‘on the go’ usually don’t go together very well!
- Only Oats Pure Oats…….I use this brand for my gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies
- Caesar’s Gluten Free Vegetable Lasagna…….perfect for those days where you don’t feel like cooking
- Organ Falafel Mix ……..looked to be a great dinner idea
- Glutenfreeda Instant Oatmeal – Maple Raisin with Flax……so excited to try this out – I’ve been looking for instant oatmeal FOREVER!
- Annie’s Macaroni & Cheese……great to share with Emily!
- Sue’s Amazing Pepperoni Pizza……another option perfect for those days where you don’t feel like cooking
- Molly B’s Egg Bread (Challah)…….tastes great toasted
- King Soba Pumpkin, Ginger and Rice Noodles……sounded like an interesting option to regular rice noodles
I recommend this store to anyone looking for a wide variety of gluten free items. Visit their website for more details: http://www.nutngluten.com/ and make sure to sign up for their free e-newsletter that provides updates on new products and special offers.