The perfect recipe for a family the can’t seem to get over a vicious winter cold.
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 8 cups chicken broth (make sure it is gluten free)
- 1 store-bought BBQ rotisserie chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked corn spaghetti
Vegetables and herbs can be changed according to your family’s tastes.
- Pour chicken broth into large pot and bring to simmer.
- Separate chicken meat from bones and skin. Add skin and bones to broth, cover pot and simmer for at least one hour. Strain broth and discard skin and bones.
- In another large pot, heat olive oil and saute celery, pepper, onion and herbs until celery is soft. Add strained broth to vegetables, cover and simmer until ready to be served.
- In a separate pot, cook spaghetti according to directions. Separate into four bowls and pour soup over top. Enjoy!