I knew that these were delicious when my husband, Daniel, took the first bit and his eyes lit up. The lemon-herb sauce is the perfect accompaniment. Serve with some lemon green beans (find recipe under ‘Sides’), and you have a great dinner.
Ingredients – Serves 4
Lemon Herb Sauce:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place fish on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; season with salt and pepper. Roast until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely; pat dry with paper towels. Break salmon into smaller pieces; flake with a fork.
2. In a large bowl, combine green onions, breadcrumbs, and parsley. Add mayonnaise, mustard, eggs, lemon juice, hot sauce and salmon.
3. Form mixture into 4 patties. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until cold and firm, 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Make Lemon-Herb Sauce: Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, fresh lemon juice, and chopped dill. Season with salt and ground pepper.
5. Heat broiler. Broil patties until lightly golden on top (without turning), 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with lemon herb sauce.