This recipe was always a family favourite when I was growing up. I would always look forward to this flavourful dish. I think my mom always doubled the sauce so there would be enough for my brother and I to cover the rice completely with the delicious sauce. I have altered the recipe slightly, but this is an easy recipe for a quick weekday dinner.
Ingredients – Serves 4
1 tbsp margarine
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp curry
1/2 cup arrowroot starch
1 egg white
1 tbsp orange and/or lemon zest
4 chicken breasts
1. Place egg white and arrowroot starch each in a shallow bowl.
2. Cut chicken into strips. Place strips into egg white and then into starch. Sprinkle chicken with zest.
3. Melt margarine in a skillet and brown chicken on both sides until cooked.
4. Mix together chicken stock, honey, orange juice and lemon juice. Blend in cornstarch and curry powder. Pour into clean skillet; bring to a boil, stirring as it thickens.
5. Return chicken to skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve over rice.