Today was a scorching hot day. Unfortunately, dinner on our patio was not an option this evening as the heat was too unbearable. So, we stayed in the air conditioning, but still had a delicious, summer-inspired meal – chicken and peaches.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 peaches, pitted and thickly sliced or halved
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, grated or minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (Frank’s Red Hot)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce*
Heat a medium size skillet with the butter over medium heat. Add the peaches and the juice of 1/2 lemon and cook until tender and lightly golden, 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
While the peaches cook, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes, then remove to a plate and cover with foil.
Drizzle the pan with the remaining olive oil. Add the chopped shallot and the ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the stock, preserves, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce and season with black pepper, to taste. Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes to thicken. Arrange the chicken and peaches on a plates and top with peach sauce.