This is a great summer meal. The spicy sausage adds loads of flavour and the variety of veggies makes the dish very colourful and appealing.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 3 cups gluten free pasta
- 4 hot Italian sausages
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound thick slices provolone, chopped
- 8 roasted red peppers from a jar, cut into small dice
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse and set aside.
2. In a high-sided skillet with about an inch of water, parboil the sausages until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove them from the skillet and let cool. Slice sausage, heat some olive oil in a skillet and brown sausage.
3. Combine the garlic, parsley, vegetable stock, and red wine vinegar in a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine then stream in the olive oil while the machine is running.
4. In a large bowl, toss the pasta, dressing, chopped provolone, and all the veggies together. Top with the sausage and serve.