Coconut Shrimp – Makes 6 Servings
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp gluten-free mild curry paste
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup almond meal flour
1/3 cup amaranth flour
24 large shrimp, with tails left on, peeled & deveined
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit
2. In a small bowl, combine eggs and curry paste. Combine almond meal flour and coconut together in another bowl. Place amaranth flour in a third bowl.
3. Holding shrimp by their tails, dip into egg, then amaranth flour, then egg again, and finally coconut/almond meal mix. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve with cocktail sauce, sweet thai chili sauce and/or mango chutney
Mango Vermicelli Salad – Serves 4
1 1/2 cups vermicelli
1 mango, chopped
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup sweet thai chili sauce
1. Place all ingredients (except vermicelli) into blender and pulse until finely diced.
2. Put vermicelli into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit 2 minutes until done. Drain water.
3. Mix vermicelli with mango dressing and place into fridge until ready to serve.